Bên cạnh nắm thật vững về các kiến thức ngữ pháp, cũng như từ vựng về các câu trúc so sánh, tương đồng, đối lập trong IELTS, IELTS TUTOR cũng muốn các em, nhất là các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 KÈM 1 tham khảo thật kĩ template hướng dẫn trả lời các dạng thường gặp trong IELTS SPEAKING PART 3 để nắm vững thêm kiến thức nhé
1. QUAN HỆ ĐỐI LẬP
Sẽ sử dụng các từ như
- But, yet, while, whereas, however, on the one hand, on the other hand
- Các em nên tham khảo kĩ cách dùng từ điển trong IELTS WRITING để tra thật kĩ cách dùng các từ trên nhé, để áp dụng vào câu văn cho chuẩn
Xét ví dụ:
- The film is pretty hilarious, yet a little bit sad in the end
- The film is funny. However, the ending is quite tragic
- I had been admitted to a foreign university, but the major was not what I wanted
- The accountant thought the figures were correct. However, he has just discovered some errors
- The tourism industry may promote local economic development, yet it may lead to ecology tragedy if human beings reply too much on it
2. QUAN HỆ SO SÁNH
Sẽ sử dụng các từ như:
- Unlike A, B tends to do…
- A is…, while B is more likely to do..
- In comparison with / Compared with A, B is less likely to do….
- A prefers…, whereas B tends to…
Ngoài ra cần sử dụng các cụm từ chỉ sự thích hơn:
I like A better than B
I have a preference for
I prefer A to B
I would rather do sth
Xét các ví dụ sau:
- Unlike small cities, the life pace in big cities tends to be faster
- The life pace is slower in small cities, while it is more likely to be faster in big cities
- Compared with big cities, the life pace in small cities is less likely to be faster
- Compared with big cities, the living cost in small cities tends to be lower
- Unlike foreign films, the film themes of this country are likely to be monotonous and humdrum
- Young people prefer listening to some dynamic music, whereas the elderly tend to enjoy more relaxing music
3. Các cấu trúc cần lưu ý
3.1. Cấu trúc so sánh giữa 2 câu khác nhau
Ở đây có nghĩa là có sự so sánh giữa 2 câu tách rời nhau, chứ không dùng được trong chung 1 câu nhé
so sánh với câu trước nó, hoặc câu sau nó
3.1.1 In contrast
In contrast, action planning is an off-line operation, planning future actions in accordance with expected and/or intended future events
However did you manage to get him to agree to that?
3.1.3. On the other hand
My husband likes classical music – I, on the other hand, like all kinds.
3.2. Cấu trúc so sánh trong cùng 1 câu với nhau
3.2.5. Compared to
3.1.4. In comparison
By/In comparison with the French, the British eat far less fish.
3.3. Cấu trúc so sánh với differ/different/difference
Differ dùng như verb:
- Differ in sth
- Differ from sth
- sth differs
- differ between sth/sb and sb/sth
- Có thể dùng adv + differ
Xét ví dụ:
- The twins look alike, but they differ in temperament.
- His views differ considerably from those of his parents.
- The findings of the various studies differ significantly/markedly/radically.
- The incidence of the illness differs greatly between men and women.
Difference dùng như noun:
- Difference in sth
- Make a difference to sth / sb
- Difference between ... and ...
- Tell the difference between... and...
Xét ví dụ:
- What's the difference between an ape and a monkey?
- Is there any significant difference in quality between these two items?
- Exercise can make a big difference to your state of health.
- Putting up some new wallpaper has made all the difference to the place.
- Can you tell the the difference between poisonous mushrooms and edible varieties?
- I forget the exact age difference between Mark and his brother - they're two or three years apart.
- There's not much difference between the two products.
- There's a big difference between starting up a business and just talking about it.
- The things which bind the two of them together are greater than their differences.
Xét ví dụ:
- The amount of time spent at home differed by almost 25% according to gender.
- There was a difference of over 25% in the amount of time males and females spent at home.
- This figure was very different among males, only half of whom watched television.
3.4. Thêm sắc thái vào các cấu trúc so sánh
Các em có thể sử thêm các sắc thái của cấu trúc so sánh với các từ much/far/slightly/significantly hoặc thêm số liệu vào trước nó
- It is clear that British people spent significantly more money than people in the other three countries on all six goods
- It is noticeable that average weekly expenditure by households in the North East was much less than the national average.
- Americans are projected to eat 12.2 percent less meat in 2012 than they did in 2007.
3.5. So sánh với “most” hoặc “least/fewest”
Đây là dạng so sánh nhất. Các em có thể dùng cấu trúc này để miêu tả đặc điểm nổi bật nhất. Ví dụ như, số liệu lớn nhất, đạt mức cao nhất, hoặc xuống thấp nhất, số liệu thấp nhất.
- Washing machines were the most common item, with 66% of households owning one in 1972.
- In 2006, 100% of mobile phone owners used their phones to make calls, while the next most popular uses of mobiles were for text messaging and taking photos.
- Aged people were the least likely to be poor, with poverty levels of 6% and 4% for single aged people and aged couples respectively
3.6. Cấu trúc so sánh với từ “similar” hoặc “same” hoặc “the same as…as”
Đừng quên rằng một vài số liệu mà bạn sẽ có thể giống nhau. Dưới đây là những từ và những cấu trúc cơ bản để giúp các em miêu tả so sánh sự giống nhau về số liệu trong bài
a. “Similar” --> in a similar way to
- Similar levels of household spending were seen in the West Midlands, the North West and the East Midlands, at about £430 to £450 per week.
- By contrast, Germans were the lowest overall spenders, with roughly the same figures, just under £150,000, for each of the six products
c. “the same as ….as”
- The permanent exhibition space in the redeveloped gallery will be about the same as large as it is now.