I. IELTS TUTOR xét đề mẫu
1. Đề 1
2. Đề 2
II. Cách viết thư yêu cầu (letter of request)
1. Bố cục chung của lá thư IELTS WRITING TASK 1 GENERAL TRAINING
2. Điểm lưu ý trong phần thân bài
2.1. Trực tiếp nói ra mục đích của thư ngay từ ban đầu một cách lịch sự và rõ ràng kèm theo những thông tin cần thiết liên quan đến vấn đề (không vòng vo)
2.1.1. IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Nên viết: "Would it be possible ...?" hoặc "I would be grateful if you would ..."
- Không nên viết: "I need your help to fix my computer." hay "I heard you could help me fix my computer."
2.1.2. Xét ví dụ
- "I would be grateful if you could help me get my car turned up"
- We met last week at the grocery. I was pleased to get acquaintance with you. As you know, my car has been acting up quite a bit recently. I took it to the mechanic, and he said that it is in dire need of a tune-up; however, it will cost almost $600 to get all of the work done. He said that if I had a friend who was knowledgeable about it, it would probably be worth buying the parts myself and having them help."
2.2. Đưa ra những thông tin cần thiết như thời hạn hay một lý do thuyết phục nào đó
- Không nên viết: "This is extremely important." hay "I would really mean the world to me."
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- I’m writing because I know that you are very handy and enjoy tinkering with cars. Would you be willing to let me borrow your tools and help me get my truck tuned up? It would really help me out and save me a good amount of money.
3. Điểm lưu ý khi viết phần kết luận
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Đưa ra lời đề nghị giúp đỡ từ phía người nhận để kết thúc thư.
- Các bạn hãy nhớ thể hiện sự biết ơn và sự sẵn lòng giúp đỡ lại người nhận thư
- Bày tỏ sự thông cảm nếu không thể giúp đỡ.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Cách 1: "Please let me know if you need any more information."
- Cách 2: "I would be happy to compensate you for your time and I will, of course, buy all of the necessary parts. Let me know what would be appropriate for compensation."
III. IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ
1. Đề 1
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Bố cục lá thư sẽ được dựa hoàn toàn trên 3 cái chấm nhỏ mà đề bài cho, mỗi đoạn trả lời cho 1 chấm nhỏ
2. Đề 2
You are studying for a qualification, and you would like some time off work to complete it. Write a letter to your manager. In your letter:
- Ask for some time off to complete a qualification
- Suggest what you will do later at work if you have time off
- Say how the qualification helps your job or company
I have been working as an audit assistant with your firm for two years. I am also preparing for my chartered accountancy exam. Actually I am writing my CA final exam in the first week of January.
Because my exams are approaching, I wanted to have a two weeks’ leave of absence for preparation. I know this is a really busy time and you cannot permit any staff to go on leave at the moment. But I need this time-off to crack my exams. I will certainly rejoin work the day after my last exam. I will also try to work on weekends to complete the work piled up in my absence. The firm will also benefit if I pass my CA exam as we will have one more qualified person for dealing with bank audit assignments.
I hope you will empathize with my situation and grant me leave of absence for two weeks.
Thank you for your consideration.
3. Đề 3
You are working for a company. You need to take some time off work and want to ask your manager about this. Write a letter to your manager.
In your letter
- explain why you want to take time off work
- give details of the amount of time you need
- suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
I am writing to request a short break from work. As you know, during the last six months we were working hard on a project for the Chilean Communication Alliance and I often had to work at night. Our team did well and we were able to meet the deadline.
Unfortunately, those stressful months had a negative impact on my overall health. I feel tired all the time and desperately need some rest. I want to take a couple of months off work and go to Hawaii to surf and get some rest. I can get back to work by the first of December.
As for the work, our ongoing project is in the support phase now, and Chris perfectly knows every detail so I am sure that he will be able to fix any unexpected issues. Also, I will be available on Skype and email in the evenings. I hope you can understand my situation.
Thank you for your time.
I look forward to hearing from you.
4. Đề 4
You are working for a company. You need to take a few days off work and want to ask your manager about this. In your letter, you have to:
- Explain why you want to take time off work
- Give details of the amount of time you need
- Suggest how your work could be covered while you are away.
Dear Mr. Azim,
I hope this letter finds you in good health. I am writing to you to request for a two-week, unpaid holiday.
The reason behind my request is that my part-time Project Management Professional (PMP) certification course is coming to an end. To conclude the course and obtain the certificate, I will have to sit for an examination, which requires in-depth preparation of everything that we have covered in the past three months. The exam is scheduled to take place in 10 days, after which I will need a long, four-day weekend to freshen up before I go back to work.
I can anticipate your concern with regards to my office work. In fact, I am also very wary about any disturbances that my leave may cause. Therefore, I have discussed this with Ali, whose work is very much connected to my day-to-day operations. Ali was kind enough to be in charge of any matters that are usually delegated to me. Also, I will be available at my personal cell phone number, should any urgent issues arise.
I thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.