I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Đề ôn tập IELTS WRITING
1. Many people like to eat unhealthy food even though they know it is bad for them. Why? What are the most effective ways to improve people's eating habits?
2. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that these problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3. The key to solving environmental problems is simple: present generations must have a less comfortable life for the sake of future generations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Shops should not be allowed to sell any food or drink that have been scientifically proved to be bad for people's health. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people think parents are responsible for transporting their children to school. Others think it is the government's responsibility to do so. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
6. Professional workers like doctors, nurses and teachers make a greater contribution to the society, so they should be paid more than sports and entertainment personalities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. Many people use social media every day to get in touch with other people and know about news events. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
8. Nowadays, some parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed. Why do parents do this? Is this a positive or negative development for the children?
9. Some people believe that employers should not be concerned about the way their employees dress, but they should be concerned about the quality at work.
10. The only reason for people working hard is to earn money. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Some people think financial aid from international organization is important for developing countries. Others believe that practical aid is more useful. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
12. Some people think that people who damage public property (such as buildings or statues) should be punished by community services (such as cleaning parks) instead of other punishments such as paying a fine and going to prison. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Some people think that it is more beneficial to take part in sports which are played in teams like football. But others think taking part in individual sports is better, like swimming. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Phân tích bài"Some people think that it is more beneficial to take part in sports which are played in teams, like football, while other people think that taking part in individual sports, like tennis or swimming, is better. Discuss both views and give your own opinion"IELTS WRITING TASK 2
- TỪ VỰNG TOPIC SPORTS IELTS
14. People who decide on a career path early in their lives and keep to it are more likely to have a satisfying working life than those who change jobs frequently. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Từ vựng & Ideas topic job hopping IELTS
15. Some experts suppose that when a country is already rich, any additional increase in economic wealth does not make its citizens happier. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. In some countries, university students live at home, while in other countries, university students go to other cities rather than live with their family. Do you think the benefits of living away from home outweigh the disadvantages?
17. The natural resources such as oil, forests and freshwater are being consumed at an alarming rate. What problems does this cause? How can we solve these problems?
18. It's better for society and individuals if driverless cars are widely used. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
19. School leavers prefer to travel or work rather than directly going to university. Are there more advantages or disadvantages on their study?
20. Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies.
21. Many developing countries are currently expanding their tourist industries. Why is this the case? Is it a positive or negative development?
22. Some people believe that adults should give children freedom to make mistakes. Others think that adults should prevent children from making mistakes. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
23. Today, food travels thousands of miles from farms before it reaches consumers in urban areas. Why is this the case? Is this a positive or negative trend?
24. Some people think that in the modern world we are more dependent on each other, while others think that people have become more independent. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
25. Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
26. The education of young people is the main priority in countries around the world. Some people believe that educating adults who cannot read or write is essential for the society and more funding should be made available for it. Do you agree or disagree?
27. Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since computer technology can replace their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
28. Some people think travelling abroad is necessary while others think that is not necessary because TV and the Internet can give the same information. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
29. In education and employment, some people work harder than others. Why do some people work harder? Is it always good thing to work hard?
30. More and more people are becoming overweight. Some people suggest that increasing the price of fattening food is a solution, to what extent do you agree or disagree?
31. Some people believe that the university education should focus on the skills of employment for the future. Others think they should focus on academic study only. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
32. The family has a great influence on children’s development, but the influence from outside the home plays a bigger part in children’s life. Do you agree or disagree?
33. Some people say that advertising has positive economic effects. Others think it has negative social effects because it will make people feel dissatisfied with who they are and what they have. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
34. Some people say that children should go to school as young as possible, while others believe that children should go to school at least seven years old. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
35. Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists and not local people. Why is this case? What can be done to attract local people?
36. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world spends numerous government expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
37. The best way to learn a culture is to learn its language. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
38. People should look after their health as a duty to the society where they live, rather than their own benefits. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
39. Some people think that the best way to improve road transport safety is to let the driver test each other. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
40. Some people think that in order to continue improving the quality of high school education, students should be encouraged to evaluate and criticize their teachers. Others, however, believe that this would result in the loss of respect and discipline for teachers. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
41. In many countries, traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. This is having a negative effect on both families and societies. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
42. Young people do not spend their holiday and weekend doing outdoor activities like hiking and climbing in natural environment. Why? And how to encourage them to go out?
43. Many people believe that bicycle is a healthy and environmentally friendly mode of transport. However, it is no longer the main form of transport. What are the reasons? What could be done to encourage the use of bicycles among the wider population?
44. More and more people no longer read newspapers or watch TV programs to get news. They get news about the world through the Internet. Is this a positive or negative development?
45. Health experts claim that walking is the best exercise. However, people are walking less on a daily basis. What has made it happen and how to deal with this?
46. Some people believe that if a police force carries a gun, it will encourage higher levels of violence in the whole society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
47. Music has always been and continues to be the universal language of mankind. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
48. In some countries around the world men and women tend to have their children later in life. Why does this happen? What are the effects on society and family life?
49. Many animals are endangered. Some people argue that we should only protect animals that are useful to human. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
50. Fresh water is a limited resource in some parts of the world. Today, increasing demand made it a global problem. What are the causes of increasing demand? What measures should governments and individuals take to solve this problem?
51. Some people believe educational qualification always bring success. Others think educational qualification does not necessarily bring success. Discuss both views and give your own opinions.
52. Parents should encourage children to spend less time studying and more time doing physical activities. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
53. Nowadays, it is easier and more affordable for people to visit other countries. Is it a positive or negative development?
54. More and more plastic waste is polluting cities, countryside, and oceans. What problems does it cause? What measures should be taken to solve it?
55. When you learn a foreign language, all four skills (listening, reading, speaking and writing) are equally important. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
56. A recent survey shows that in many countries across the world people are generally living longer. But an increased life expectancy has many implications for the aging individuals and for the society as a whole. What are the possible effects of a longer life expectancy on individuals and the society?
57. In many countries students who leave high school have no understanding of how to manage their money? Why is this case? What can be done to improve students understanding of how to manage personal finance?
58. Some people think school students should learn the science of food and how to prepare it, others think students should spend time on other more important subjects. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
59. The spread of multinational companies and the result in the increase of globalization will have positive effects on everyone. Do you agree or disagree?
60. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Governments should not provide financial support to artists (For example painters, writers, musicians ...), let them support themselves.
61. In many countries, people wear more western-style clothes (suits and jeans) than their traditional clothes. Why? Is it a positive or negative development?
62. Some people think governments should spend money on saving languages with fewer speakers from dying out completely. Others think this is a waste of financial resources. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
63. Young people increasingly admire media and sports stars, even though they often do not set a good example. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
64. To succeed in a business, one needs to know mathematics. Do you agree or disagree?
65. Nowadays celebrities are more famous for their glamour and wealth than for their achievements, and this sets a bad example to young people. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
66. The government now plans to establish some car-free zones in the center of the city. Some like this plan for they believe it can help eliminate traffic congestion, while others dislike it because not being able to reach places like stores and restaurants by car is very inconvenient to them. What do you think of this plan and why?
67. Some people believe that modern technology makes shopping easier, while others do not agree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
68. Most of the government funding should be invested in teaching science rather than any other subjects in order for a country to develop and make progress. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
69. Some people think that young people should follow the traditions of society. Others think young people are free to behave as individuals. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
70. Some people believe that the responsibilities of protecting and reducing environmental damage are for politicians as individuals can do little on this thing. To what extent do you agree or disagree.
71. Many criminals continue to commit crimes even after being punished for it. Why do you think this happens? How can we solve this problem?
72. Whether or not someone achieves their aims in life is mostly a question of luck. To what extent to you agree or disagree?
73. Some people think that it is a waste of time for students to study literature. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
74. There are many inventions in human history, but some people think that the most important invention is the Internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
75. Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspapers and TV programs has bad consequence, so this kind of information should be restricted on media. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
76. Some people think that it is good for a country’s culture to show imported film and TV programs. Other people think that a country should develop their own film and TV programs instead. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
77. Some scientists believe there are other intellectual life forms and people should send messages to them. Others believe it could bring about dangerous consequences. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
78. Some people believe children should have organized activities in their free time. Others believe children should decide what to do in their free time on their own. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
79. Today, many tasks at home or work have been done by robots. Is this a positive or negative development?
80. An increasing number of people use the car for working and playing. What problems are brought and do you agree that people should be discouraged from using the car?
81. Some people think giving aid to poorer countries brings more negatives than positives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
82. Some people think painting and drawings are as important as other subjects, and they should be compulsory in high school education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
83. It is not necessary to travel to other places to learn about other cultures. We can learn from books, films and internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
84. Competitiveness is a positive quality for people to have among most societies. How does competitiveness affect individuals? Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
85. Some people think that women should play an equal role as men in military force or police force; others say women are not suited for such kind of work. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
86. As major cities around the world continue growing, many problems occur. Are there any problems to young people? How to solve these problems?
87. It is natural process of animal species to become extinct (e.g. dinosaurs, dodos, etc.). There is no reason why people should stop this from happening. Do you agree or disagree?
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
88. With growing population in cities, more and more people live in homes with small or no outdoor areas. Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
89. Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that videos games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefits?
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Từ vựng topic GAME trong IELTS
90. In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of aging populations.
91. Some people say the gap between poor and rich is becoming wider. The rich is growing richer and the poor is growing poorer; what causes lead to this situation and what measures can be taken to address the problem?
92. News is a source of knowledge about the world. How much can we trust the journalists? What are the qualities a good journalist should have?
93. Some people think that politicians have the greatest influence on the world. Other people, however, believe that scientists have the greatest influence. Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
94. Traffic and housing problems in major cities could be solved by moving large companies and factories and their employees to the countryside. Do you agree or disagree?
95. Nowadays, people move to big cities. Why do you think this happening? Is this trend a bad or a good thing?
96. Now people spend more money on young people educating, it has been the priority public money spend for many countries. Some people think educating adult is also very important and public money should be spent more on adult educating. To what extent you agree or disagree?
97. Do the advantages of private means of transportation such as cars and motorbikes outweigh the disadvantages, compared to public transport (trains, buses and taxis)? Give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your own experience.
98. Nowadays, it seems that people tend to waste a great amount of food. Why do you think this is happening? And how can we solve this problem?
99. Many species and plants are declining in the world. What are the reasons? What are the effective measures to solve this problem?
100. Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in many education systems. Does the usefulness of this method outweigh the limitations?